Join Our Team
BadVR is an eclectic group of people who share a passion for making data meaningful and accessible to everyone.
Open positions in Los Angeles, CA
We pride ourselves on a smart, high energy culture and our Executive Assistant needs to embody this to everyone who comes in contact with them. We are looking for a candidate who can WOW every person that crosses the company nexus. Ideally, this role is for someone who has impeccable organization skills and a great attitude. The candidate applying must be flexible and enjoy working in a dynamic and creative environment.Apply Now
- Greeting guests, ensuring compliance with our data handling protocol, including execution of electronic Non-Disclosure Agreements
- Screening contacts to determine their legitimacy and value to the company initiatives
- Answering incoming calls and directing them to the appropriate team members
- Interfacing with vendors and tracking purchase orders
- Orders, restocks and maintains office supplies and inventory
- Other special projects as assigned by manager
- 1-2 years of front office/reception experience in a startup
- Strong computer skills, including Gmail, Google Docs, Microsoft Office applications
- Understand that opinions are often created by impressions and know how to make the right impression with visitors, peers, guests and candidates
- Must be resourceful and a self-starter, someone who takes initiative and is proactive
- Outstanding organizational skills with an appreciation for both the details and the overall process
Enterprise Sales Associate
We are seeking a passionate, strategic minded, and well-respected Enterprise Sales Associate who will be primarily responsible for driving net-new revenue. The interested individual should be a self-starter and who can work in a fast paced, high stress environment and show a proven track record of building a sales pipeline. Excellent verbal and written communication is a must!Apply Now
- Oversee the strategy (short and long term), planning, coordination and execution of sales initiatives, contractual fulfillment, and asset management
- Identify new potentials, classify them, prioritize accordingly
- Assist with sell-in and integration of client's B2B partners
- Assist with the sales collateral approval process
- Influence top analysts to explore our solution over competitors
- 5+ years of enterprise sales to Fortune 1000 companies
- Opening and closing deals at a minimum $100K+ ARR
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to influence a positive outcome
- Participation in agency or sales contract negotiations
- Must possess strong leadership qualities and self-initiative
- Enthusiastic and driven salesperson with proactive, engaging and client-servicing can-do approach
Sr Software Engineer, WebGL
Do you think data is just a bit too flat? Are you frustrated with a browser full of open tabs and mishmash of windows and long for more screen space and better organization? Can you handle working with constantly bleeding-edge platforms? Do you want to collaborate with engineers at the top of their game? If so, come join us as we build a new form of data visualization.
The Software Engineer will focus on the development of browser-based graphics experiences for an exciting new immersive platform. This opportunity involves developing virtual reality interfaces, hardware acceleration techniques, and API development.Apply Now
- Author vertex and fragment shaders from scratch
- Inspect WebGL performance for bottlenecks and cross-platform quirks
- Optimize WebGL code and graphics pipelines
- Implement mockups and wireframes
- Write technical documents: white papers, architecture diagrams, module and API descriptions
- Experience with VR in WebGL, three.js
- Minimum 2 years of experience with GLSL and smilar shader languages
- Experience with Unity, Unreal or other 3D game engine and 3D concepts
- Contributions to open source projects
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or relevant field
Human Vision Scientist
We are seeking a human vision scientist with prior interdisciplinary scientific experience. The position involves leading end-to-end studies with human participants, including experimental design, data analysis, reporting and stakeholder management. Candidates must be able to creatively apply fundamental knowledge from human vision science.
The ideal candidate informs leadership on perceptual best practices and works closely with other team members. We are looking for candidates who are creative, energetic team players who excel in a fast-paced, hands-on environment.Apply Now
- Conduct research into human visual perception to inform product decisions.
- Be aware of the latest developments in the field of human vision science.
- Collaborate with other teams to explore perceptual factors, define engineering and design specifications, and make recommendations to improve visual perception in mixed reality.
- Take a research question from hypothesis to delivery using scientific methods. Communicate the results to stakeholders clearly and in a timely manner.
- Extensive experience with psychophysical and other psychological research methods
- Profound knowledge of at least one of the following programming languages: Matlab, C/++, Python
- Extensive experience with data analysis methods and statistical packages such as R
- Experience with modeling human visual perception processes
- Experience with Unity or OpenGL is a plus
- Knowledge of machine learning techniques is a plus
- Interest in latest developments in vision research and curiosity around the future of computing and experience platforms
- PhD and/or post-doctoral experience in human vision science and/or related field with first author journal publications in one or more of the following or related research areas: stereopsis, color vision, visual acuity, low-level visual processing, or multimodal information processing